- Ensure systemd services restart on failure by Jon Archer
- php-fpm systemd unit with auto-restart by Juan Luis Boya García
- systemd Project Web Page
systemd is a system and service manager that runs as PID 1 and starts the rest of the system and services. The main command used to introspect and control systemd is systemctl.
Basically do the following to let a service restart automatically…
- Edit /lib/systemd/system/name.service file
- Insert “Restart=on-failure” under the section “Service”. Save the file
- Execute the command… systemctl daemon-reload
- Execute the command… systemctl restart name_of_the_service
- (optional) try killing the process now
See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd#Examples for more examples.